Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gun-Shy Bride by B.J. Daniels-- Harlequin Intrigue Novel



This book got off to an interesting start, which is good because some romance novels spend a lot of time setting the scene and having something catch your interest right away is a big positive. Honestly, I became more interested in the mystery than I did by the romance, though I was still rooting for them! I was a bit worried at first because I haven't read many western books, but I ended up really enjoying it. I like the twists and turns and the few surprises at the ending. I kind of predicted the surprises, but dismissed them as I kept reading...so perhaps being right was the surprise? Ha. Either way, I really enjoyed this book.


I don't want to give away too many details, but I will give a quick run down of the plot: McCall Winchester is the Deputy Sheriff in Whitehorse and is called to check out a set of bones that were uncovered after a storm. It does not take her long to figure out who the bones belong to, but in order to find out what happened, she has to uncover many hidden secrets that the entire town, especially her family, is hiding....all while battling a man from her past and risking her life in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment