Sunday, July 18, 2010

No Hero Like Him by Elaine Grant --Harlequin Super Romance Novel

Another western themed book. I was surprised at how quickly I began to like this book. From the first chapter there is a viewpoint from a supporting character, not simply one of the romantic leads. The prologue is a great start to the book-- I found it very intense... I may have actually been holding my breath a little! When Seth's sister practically forces him to work for Claire, he slowly begins to see the upside.  He openly pursues Claire, who repeatedly resists her attraction to him. As Seth’s relationship with Claire continues, we also get to know more about his relationships with other characters. One thing I like about this book is that they don’t fall in love then be intimate; they begin with intimacy and then lead up to the cat and mouse game. It is more “real-life” than most of the fantasy-type romance novels.  I also like the ending to this book because it isn't the obvious, easy ending that could have been written; but it is perfect for the story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment