Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Lord and the Wayward Lady by Louise Allen-- Harlequin Historical Novel

This is my favorite of all the books I have reviewed so far!  I love historical stories from Dr. Quinn and Little House on the Prairie to Jane Austen and Lousia May Alcott.  This book definately had a Lousia May Alcott feel to it and I found myself falling in love with the characters.  A poor girl, Nell Latham, makes hats for a living and is put into a sticky situation when a customer asks her to deliver a package.  When the package nearly scares the recipient to death, Nell becomes entwined in an elaborate scheme that has nothing to do with her...or so she thought.  All the while the son of the package's recipient believes she is the one behind the package and the threats implied, he cannot seem to resist her charm, and the impression that she is more than a poor milliner.  I could not put this book down and I hope to read more like it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment